Rules to Use HCS-CH Mailing List
Adopted from HCS-FX, May 1, 2006
Approved by HCS-CT Board of Directors, November 29, 2006
The mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Hope Chinese School at Chantilly campus (HCS-CH) is intended for use by HCS-CH officials (the School) to communicate with HCS-CH parents about school administrative information, and by HCS-CH parents (You) to share information among yourselves with common interest.
Your name and email address are added to the list based on the information you provide when you register your children to HCS-CH, or you request through email to have your name and mail added to the list. You can directly post information of common interest to the list by sending the message to email@example.com.
By subscribing to this list, you agree on the general rules set forth and accepted by majority of the subscribers to this list. If you do not agree with these rules, you should send a request to the School Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) to remove your email account from the list. Once removed, however, it is your responsibility to find other means to obtain the updated school administrative information. HCS-CH reserves the right to remove any subscriber from the list if the subscriber is found in violation of the following rules, or a subscriber is no longer a registered parent in HCS-CH.
1. You understand that the person who posts any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content") to the list is solely responsible for the Contents. HCS-CH does not control the Content posted via the list and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the list, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will HCS-CH be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the list.
2. You agree not to use the list to:
a. Post any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. Post any Content that you do not have a right to make available to the list under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
c. Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising and promotional materials for any organizations or commercial companies, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
d. Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
e. Promotes classes, summer camps, and other activities that conflicts/competes with HCS offerings or violates HCS rules/regulations/policies.
3. You acknowledge that HCS-CH does not pre-screen Content, but that HCS-CH shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available through the list. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content submitted to this list.
4. No children are allowed to post mails to the list. If your child has access to your email account, please talk to them about the rules of the list. School will drop your email account from the list if your child posts ANY mail to the list.
5. If you have any questions and comments related to the school operations, or any complaint about the use of the list, you should send yours to School Principal, or to respective board members directly rather than posting them to the list.
6. If any subscriber does not want to be included in the list at any time, he or she may send a request to School Principal (email@example.com) to remove the account from the list.
7. Always act cautiously before you post a message. Please think about whether the information you will post is important to share with most of subscribers.