Hope Chinese School at Chantilly: School Rules
Approved by HCS-CT Board of Directors on October 8, 2006
In order to safeguard the education of all HCS students and the orderly
operations of the school, and insure our long-term use of the host High
School facilities, the following rules and regulations are formulated
and will be enforced in addition to the Bylaws of HCS, and Fairfax
County Public School Student Responsibilities and Rights. Parents
should go through the Rules with your children. Parents should keep in
mind to be a role model to the children in observing the school rules.
Violations of major school rules may result in suspension,
or dismissal from school. Other behavior, not specifically mentioned
below, which is clearly contrary to the school's values, may be
considered cause for disciplinary action.
- Be quite in classrooms and hallways. Do not run, chase, and yell
in classrooms or hallways.
- Do not drink, eat, litter in classrooms and hallways.
- Do not scribble on any school properties such as desks,
blackboards, and walls.
- Do not play on the computers and other equipment on any school
- Treat all school properties as if they were yours. Do not
vandalize any school properties.
- Stay within the school premise during school time as well as
recesses. Do not leave school or play out of school area during school
time that includes recesses.
- Keep the school restroom clean. Do not play with toilet paper,
soap and water in restrooms.
- Be respectful to teachers, parents, and fellow students.
- Wait outside the classroom until the teacherís arrival.
- Help teachers and other students to keep the classroom and school
premise neat and clean. Do not move desks, chairs, and other furniture
in the classroom without the teacher's instruction.
- Report any violation of the student rules to the teachers or the
Dean of Studies or Principal.
- Parents should educate their children to follow Student Rules.
- Parents are responsible for any cost incurred repairing or
replacing any school or personal properties, damaged by their children.
- Parents must supervise students of 7 years and younger when
- No parents allowed in classroom without special permission of the
Dean of Studies or the Principal.
- Class assignment of students cannot be changed without the
approval of the Dean of Studies or Principal.
- There is no after-school-care service. School will charge
childcare fee for later pickup after school sessions. The fee will be
$5 for every 10 minutes.
- Refund policy: 100% refund before the end of 2nd week; 50% before
the end of the 4th week; no refund afterwards. Misc. fee is
- Stay away from hallways near classrooms.
- Do not use host High School properties including, but not limited
to, computers, projectors, TVs, VCRs, etc. Do not move desks, chairs,
and other furniture in the classroom without the teacher's instruction.
- Parents are required to keep your family information updated
online, which include names (Chinese and English), email address,
current address, and phone numbers.
- Pay special attention to email with subject beginning with HCS-CT
that contains official school announcement.
- Park only in HCS-CT designated parking areas.
- HCS-CT follows FCPS schedule for weather related closing or delay
in case of inclement weather. Call FCPS snow line 800-839-FCPS (3277)
or visit http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/news/emerg.htm
for updated information.