|Chinese for 3-4 Years Old 小小幼儿中文班老师：奉英
Clay Art 泥塑艺术班老师：王晓明
Silk Flower and Knitting 丝网花和手工编织班老师：汤逸凤
Chinese Painting 国画班老师：贺广华
Classroom Teaching 课堂教学
Teacher Safety Duty and Rules 教师安全职责和规则
HCSGB SSL Guide and Forms 学生义工指南和表格
2021 Fall HCSGB SSL Application
2021 Fall HCSGB SSL TA Timesheet
HCSGB 2021 Fall New Classes 秋季新课介绍
The Level 1 (Beginner) course assumes no knowledge of or experience in chess. Students will begin learning how the pieces move, as well as basic tactical knowledge. Upon mastery of the fundamentals, the course will cover algebraic notation, opening theory, and basic endgames. Students will have the chance to practice against their classmates and have their games reviewed by the instructor. (Sat 15:00-15:50PM)
The Level 2 (Intermediate) course is designed for students who have had some chess experience before. Knowledge of how the pieces move is expected, and familiarity with algebraic notation (i.g. 1. d4 Nf6) is helpful. This course will cover intermediate tactics, opening systems, a variety of endgames, as well as nuanced concepts such as time, trading, and space. Students will have the chance to practice against their classmates and have their games reviewed by the instructor. (Sat 16:00-16:50PM)
Instructor: Jason Wang is a competitive chess player and experienced trainer who has been teaching for five years. He holds the "Class A" title from the United States Chess Federation and has ranked among the top 100 players nationally for his age group. He was a Co-Head of the Chess Team at Phillips Exeter Academy.
《趣味编程-动画及游戏制作 Fun Python》招收10岁以上学生 （Sat 16:00-16:50)
Python是现在工业界和学术界都非常流行的一门计算机编程语言。许多初中和高中也把它列为必选课程。它入门容易，功能强大，在人工智能，机器学习，大数据，软件开发，移动应用，自动化控制，图像处理，科学计算，系统管理, 动画及游戏制作等各个领域都有着非常广泛的应用。许多大的知名公司和机构，如谷歌，Netflix, IBM, 雅虎，纽约证券交易所，NASA等都是Python的忠实用户或是以Python为主要工具进行产品开发。这门课会从最基本的概念讲起，由浅入深，寓教于乐，通过制作简单的动画和游戏使学生对于编程有一个从认识到熟悉的过程。这门课将用英语讲授。通过这门课的学习，学生们应该能够做到以下几点
Go 围棋 (Wed, Sat)
HCSGB Fall semester starts on 9/11/2021
|Hope everyone enjoyed a pleasant and fulfilling summer.
This is a reminder that the Hope Chinese School, Gaithersburg Campus Fall semester starts on 9/11/2021.
Welcome back HCSGB families! Welcome to all the new families who joined and will join us for this coming semester! The HCS board has decided we will continue online class for the 2021 Fall semester.
If you haven’t done so, please register for classes and pay your 2021 Fall tuition ASAP at https://www.hopechineseschool.org/hcsgb/.
We are still adding new minor classes. We will keep you posted when the new classes are ready.
The first day of school for 2021 Fall is 09/11/2021.
There is no school on 11/27/2021 (Thanksgiving).
The last day of the Fall semester is 12/18/2021
1. There is a $25 registration fee for each student registering for a Chinese class.
2. There is a $25 registration for each student registering for the extracurricular course(s) if no one registers for a Chinese class in your family.
3. We are not allowing students to test out classes at this time due to logistical burdens caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Only students who register and pay in full will receive the Zoom class invitation links from their teacher(s). Please remember it will take extra time to process your payment. Late payment will not guarantee students to receive the Zoom class invitation on time.
5. For new students, teachers will send consent forms for each student for their parents to sign.
6. For payment (please indicate fall class 2021, registration phone number, student name, class)：
a) PayPal：firstname.lastname@example.org (no additional fees)
b) Please mail your check to:
P.O. Box 653
Germantown, MD 20875-0653
7. Textbook pickup (please see attachment for detailed instruction and price list) will occur on 8/28 from 10 AM-12 PM Northwest High School parking lot:
13501 Richter Farm Rd, Germantown, MD 20874
Please prepare exact cash or write a check.
Thank you for your time and understanding in these uncertain times. As much as we would like to open and hold classes in person, the safety of our students, families, and staff is the utmost priority. We have had great success with the virtual learning model for the past several semesters and will do whatever it takes to continue improving so that our students get the best education experience possible. Please stay safe and we hope to see everyone (virtually) soon.